Sports Innovation Lab
What Personal Information We Collect
Our Company asks users to upload their social media archive files so that we can measure different patterns in fan behavior. These files include personal information like photos, videos, and email addresses. All this information is stripped from the file and removed. All that remains is an anonymous profile of a fan and the kinds of media, athletes, and brands they express interest in. Here are steps we take to ensure your privacy and anonymity:
- When you request data be sure to remove photos, video, and other media.
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from The Fan Project. This will keep you informed of future opportunities while separating your identification from your social media file.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com
How We Use Your Personal Information
Company uses your anonymous social media archive to:
- Measure how you and other fans engage with sports media and brands
- Learn how fans spend time online during live sporting events
- Determine when fans become fans or stop being fans of certain teams or athletes
Note that we principally rely on consent (i) to send marketing messages, and (ii) for sharing data by other means.
Where we process your information on the basis of legitimate interests, we do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and improving our services for our customers. The Company has a legitimate interest in understanding how our services are being used.
We also pursue our legitimate interests of improving our services, efficiency, and determining the level of interest in services for customers by obtaining insights into usage patterns of the services. We may also use your anonymous information to maintain a secure site, including sharing of your information for such purposes, because it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring the security of our services, including enhancing protection of our site, intellectual property infringement and security risks of all kind. We may also process and share your personal information with a third party in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements; defend against legal claims, to comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Company may make aggregate reports based on this anonymous information available to strategic partners that work with Company.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms or protect our operations or users or if we are required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Use of Aggregated Anonymous User Data
Company may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated user data, such as aggregated occupation, employer, interests, and usage data gathered from Company devices (without the inclusion of a user's name or other identifying information) to:
- Organizations approved by Company thatconduct consumer research into the sports media, business, and technology industry;
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their sports media, business, and technology industry standing relative to the broader community;
- and Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Company Site and Service may use "cookies" and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. These technologies tell us which parts of our website you have visited, limit the number of times you see a Company offer, or help us better determine which Company offers you may like to see or to alert you to software compatibility issues. They are also used to analyze and improve our Service's design and functionality.
If you choose to delete cookies from your device or block them from being stored on your device, please note that the full functionality of the Service may not be available to you.
"Web beacons" are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing Site usage and activity. Company, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
Information You Elect to Share With Others
If you use a message board, blog, journal or any other method of posting user-generated content on our Site or through the Service, you should be aware that such information can be read, collected or used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these areas.
Company may ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Company improve the Service. Any personal information provided to Company in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
You have the following rights. Please note we may have lawful reasons to deny requests related to the rights below:
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed of our purposes for processing your data, our retention periods for that anonymous data, and who it will be shared with.
- The right of access: You have the right to access your anonymized data file and supplementary information to allow you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to have your anonymized data erased from our systems.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your anonymized data.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your anonymized data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have rights related to automated decision making and profiling. Please note that the Company does not make any such automated decision making or profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of these right or cancel your Company account you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you request cancellation of your account, your personally identifiable information will be deleted, including but not limited your email address, name, and photo(s). Archival copies of your account information that exist within our back-up system will be deleted in accordance with our normal back-up expiration schedule.
Email Communications From Us
We may provide our registered customers with summaries of their User Account data and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Company or third-party goods or services.
Company subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our weekly summaries and promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions provided in such emails.
Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your data and to protect Company accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you register for the Service, Company requires a password from you for your privacy and security. This password is stored in an encrypted fashion on our systems.
It is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Company's Services are hosted and operated entirely in the United States and are subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Company is being provided to Company solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing the Company Services from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the bottom of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated on January 5, 2021.